Sunday, April 16, 2017

The Journey of Holy Week: Easter

On Friday a thief, on Sunday a King. We sang these words this morning and wow, how good they felt! Lent has concluded with the joy of resurrection. I pray that this evening finds you resting in the knowledge that the promise of redemption is possible through the gift of Jesus.

47 days of blogging. When I took on this discipline on Ash Wednesday, I never dreamed that I would fall in love with the process. There were only 2 days in that time period that I struggled to find words. This means two things:

1) I have too many words.
2) I think I need to press into my written voice.

I love speaking. I am beyond blessed that I serve in a community where I am able to use my study and stories to challenge the community through teaching. I find such joy in crafting a message. I love finding unique ways to communicate truth and interest face to face. I really thought that writing would not be as rewarding because you cannot control the inflection and tone. I was wrong.

Time and again during this season, you have encouraged me with your insights. I have no idea who reads these blogs unless you tell me that you do. From the messages and comments, I have been given new insights to your lives and experiences. I have heard from friends that I rarely see. I have been able to share one-on-one with those who have reached out in 'me too' journeys. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Many have asked, "What now?" Easter is here, your lenten commitment to write is over. Will you keep writing? The answer is YES! Seeing that this is no longer a Lenten Longing, I would be honored if you would consider following my new blog The View From The Bathroom Floor. I will not post every day, but I will continue to roll out the honesty and struggle and joy and journey that is my life.

I am also going to begin work on a long time dream to write my story in a book. It is a long range goal, with no due date. I have a weird vision for the layout that weaves together my love of church and recovery and faith and doubt and advocacy and failure. All of these things make me who I am and I love the many roads that converge in my story.

Finally, I ask a favor. Please don't stop emailing and texting me with questions and pushback and love. I can't write into a vacuum and pretend that the words are just words. When I sit down to write, I see faces and stories and friendships. I take the struggles that I see around me and use them as food for insight and growth. None of this is possible without the human interaction and shared experience. When I think about the opportunities that I have been given to live out this journey of gift development, none if it would be possible without the encouragement and support of people who have said, GO! Thank you for being my people.


No comments:

Post a Comment